Just like Easter and Christmas, Pentecost, Pfingsten is a celebration that has two holidays.
I went to Gottesdienst this year on Pfingstenmontag in our town.
The service was held in this old mill.
I was having a good day, so I like most Germans cycled to service.
When you enter town you have to cross two bridges that go over the Aue river.
On the island is the town city hall and the watermill.
It was Tag der Offenen Tor, all mills, water and wind were open this Pfingsten Monday throughout Germany and many like this one started the day off with a Pentecost worship service.
Our town only reintroduced this old tradition in 2004.
The pastor related Pentecost with the symbolism of Spirit, Wind and Water.
As early as 1245, there has been a watermill here, it was initially called the Vogteimühle and people from all surrounding area had to bring their Getreide here.
After the service there was lunch, Erbsensuppe mit Wiener Würstchen, a popular favourite amongst the Volk.
I made a quick exit, and cycled home to enjoy a tasty BBQ lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment