Appetizers:
Main course:
Pork Tenderloin basted with oil, soya sauce, mustard, garlic, basil and thyme
roasted with fennel.
Cranberry Apple Chutney as a side
Boiled potatoes with gravy
Kale Strüdel
Dessert:
Pumpkin seed parfait with cranberry sauce
I think next time I would add a little caramel or white chocolate sauce to this.
The parfait is very nutty tasting not sweet at all.
I think next time I would add a little caramel or white chocolate sauce to this.
The parfait is very nutty tasting not sweet at all.
Chutney and sauce made with fresh locally grown cranberries
from der Lüneburger Heide.
Cranberry sauce recipe:
1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water heat till sugar is dissolved.
Add 2 cups cranberries and heat till they burst, puree.
Cranberry sauce recipe:
1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water heat till sugar is dissolved.
Add 2 cups cranberries and heat till they burst, puree.
The chutney and parfait can be made a day or two ahead of time.
The kale strudel probably could as well as it is more flavourful as leftovers.
The kale strudel probably could as well as it is more flavourful as leftovers.
I have linked most recipes.
It is a nice mix of recipes from Germany and Canada,
Pepperidge Farm, Johann Lafer, Mennonite Girls can cook (MGCC)
It is a nice mix of recipes from Germany and Canada,
Pepperidge Farm, Johann Lafer, Mennonite Girls can cook (MGCC)
Except for the Kale Strüdel that is a recipe from the Winnipeg Free Press Jan 2/08.
Good leftovers on crackers, cheese, pork and chutney.
Baked everything together, potatoes, added feta,
the kale strudel, pork and topped with chutney.
Just a tip for me I used half a puff pastry for strüdel, other half for appetizers.
We only had one appetizer each.
Guten Appetit!
***
Frau CaB
Good leftovers on crackers, cheese, pork and chutney.
Baked everything together, potatoes, added feta,
the kale strudel, pork and topped with chutney.
Just a tip for me I used half a puff pastry for strüdel, other half for appetizers.
We only had one appetizer each.
Guten Appetit!
***
Frau CaB
No comments:
Post a Comment