Thursday, April 5, 2012

Paska time again

Now that I know that I can,
and others will eat it too.
I baked Paska again, yesterday,
This time only one-quarter of Lori's recipe.
With just the two and one day at most three of us,
I need only a few yummy paska "buns".
Once again following Lori and Lovella's instructions
plus mine from last year.

I think they turned out better this year,
at least optisch wise.
Smoother tops,
more attractive looking.
I struggled less with the sticky dough.
Followed Lovella's instructions that
once the dough removed from the sides,
consistency was good
no more flour.
I think I also kneaded less
as well.
Last year it was a gorgeous 26°C outside
when I baked.
Yesterday and today a lousy, cold and gray 6°C.
No sun,
because my sunshine isn't here,
but thanks to her
memory of the first time baking Paska
and it will be a memory
I will always cherish
each and every time I bake.
Once again,
Danke, Lori, Jacquelyn and Lovella from MGCC.

2 comments:

ellen b. said...

Your paska looks great. I'm making mine tomorrow...

Monica said...

You paska looks so yummy! I didn't make any this year. The last two years I've made it, it's been doughy (raw) in the middle. So disheartening after all that work. I'll try again some day.

I think my next childhood favourite recipe/food to make will be Kielke (sp??). Homemake, hand cut.

One other thing I've been wanting to tell you, is that I'm just finishing up a term in a class that has 40-60% students from Germany. It's been fun. One of the girls has been doing a project on her heritage and she had a bunch of German books along that she was using to type up her bibliography. She couldn't find the publisher and kept telling me that I couldn't help her b/c it was all written in German. I read the title and found the publisher and she looked up at me with this shocked expression. It was so cute.