These are so easy to make,
I can't believe it took me so long to try.
I even asked the neighbour to show me when she makes them.
That hasn't happened and I am embarrassed
that I asked.
It is so easy.
I even asked the neighbour to show me when she makes them.
That hasn't happened and I am embarrassed
that I asked.
It is so easy.
Enough for one good serving.
100 g flour or 1/ 2 cup
In deutsche recipes, it is always weight measurements.
1 egg
and 50-100ml milk with some carbonated water,
mostly milk and a splash of water.
The carbonated water give the Spätzle a lighter texture.
I read this tip on many other websites.
The dough is supposed to be elastic.
Come off of the spoon like shown here.
Come off of the spoon like shown here.
When my sister was here in April,
I thought now is a good time to try.
It will be a treat for both of us.
I used a potato press.
it was ok but one constantly had to refill
and the dough just stuck inside.
Too messy and wasteful.
Finding the right spätzle utensil wasn't as easy as I thought.
Recently I found this Spätzleass, it fits over any size pot.
You have to work fast before the dough cooks on the lid.
But it works well.
Boil for only minutes until they float on top.
Remove with a slotted spoon.
Fry in butter.
Yummy and oh so easy, Spaetzle.
Spätzle are common in southern DE
and most known for in the Schwabishland region
in the state of Baden-Würtemberg.
In my backpacking days, I looked everywhere for them on the menu,
but did not find them until we were in Augsburg, Bavaria.
You rarely see them on a menu here.
We live in potato land
where it is common to get just plain boiled potatoes with your meal
at a restaurant.
I recall when my mother in law took a bus tour in
southern DE, she complained
that there were too many Nudeln and not enough Kartoffeln
on the menu.
Guten Appetit!
***
Frau Cab
No comments:
Post a Comment