Saturday, April 18, 2015

We have our own stork pair in the big D village

The storks are back. You can see the different places where the nest in neighbouring villages here. I posted photos last year.
How exciting is this!  We have our very own stork pair in the big D. Yep the storks that were circling last year and wanted to nest on the fire siren are finally staying around this year and found the post set up just for them. Making a home out of this what I thought not so welcoming platform. I wish it were somewhere where we, I could get closer. Like other places, in Nienburg, it is right in the heart of the city. I think they like being in the middle of the action. In town it is on top of the watermill, where there are often many outside activities. If someone had asked me, I would have said put it on top of the school where the stork was flying around anyway, or by the old Schafstahl, that is only used for festivals a few times a year. But no one asked me.
The neighbour told me the storks were there. He seems to be quite the observer too, he said there were five on this post on Thursday. He stands far away with his binoculars and looks.
 I got on my bike, past the school and stopped and stared.  I have to figure out a way to get closer. Why is the platform for them to nest on, way across this private yard?  The people living here are going to get tired of seeing me. I will be stork watching, oh yes I will.


***

No comments: